Gaming and stuff

Xarius xarius at gmail.com
Sun May 8 04:01:50 PDT 2005

* Dominic L Hilsbos (DHilsbosLFS at sbcglobal.net) spake thusly:

> >Heh, thanks for the input! *I* can manage to get all my games working fine
> >(except Final Fantasy XI, which is an issue :/) but I am just thinking for
> >those people that can't! I'm gonna browse the hints and see if I can come
> >up with anything lovely for them!
> >
> >Cheers.
> >

> If you ever manage to get FFXI ruinnning let me know how, something
> similar should work for my EQII :-).
>
> Dominic L Hilsbos

Well I am still working on it, thusfar I can get the software installed, and the playonline viewer will startup before crashing out. I am doing a lot of debugging and submitting, so hopefull the problem will be resolved.

However I imagine it would be a relatively trivial matter for corporations the scale of Sony and Square-Enix to whip up linux native binaries, most MMORPGs are more data than anything else, so maintenance of said binaries would not be a heavy burden.