KDE: text leaking to another window

Rolf Veen rolf.veen at helide.com
Wed May 11 03:55:14 PDT 2005

I've a curious problem while editing several files in KDE.

I've several files open in Kate or Kwrite and while editing (and
copying/pasting) text in one file, the text also appears somewhere in
one of the other file.

I've seen this a long time ago (don't remember what config I had),
but also now in a Knoppix 3.8.1 installation after a kernel upgrade
from 2.6.11 to 2.6.11.8 (that may have nothing to do with the actual
problem).

This is probably a known bug (kde?, x?, kernel?), but I've not
seen it in google. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.
Rolf.