Favorite Distro To Build From?

nemski buildinglfs at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:27:53 PDT 2005

I'm in getting ready to build my first lfs system, but I have a lot of
read and learning to do first.

Right now, I'm running Mandrake 8.2 on a Compaq laptop that is a
Pentium 3 with 500MB RAM. I would like to install Firefox, but I am
out of version of GTK which also means I am missing lots of other
required files.

Instead of going through the hassle of getting my current Linux system
up to snuff, I was thinking about rebuilding this laptop with a newer
distro.

My requirements are simple.
1. Be able to use the distro to build LFS 6.0
2. X Windows with a good browser, preferabbly Firefox.

Thanks in advance,

David

--
http://buildinglfs.blogspot.com