Media Player

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Dec 2 09:29:15 PST 2006

Hi all,

I am just about to install my first video/media player into my LFS box.

In BLFS it looks like Mediaplayer is the way to go but I see there are a
few alternatives: xine and VLC mediaplayer (the same group that makes
the libdvdcss library)

Before I go building stuff all over the place, I thought I'd ask for
your preferences, opinions on which is the best/fastest/easiest etc...

I don't use Gnome or KDE. But I am now running XFCE-4.4RC2 and
Beryl-0.13 which is just fantastic to look at :-)

So, anyone care to offer their opinion on Linux media players?

Cheers

Al