Media Player

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Dec 6 08:40:41 PST 2006

Matthew Burgess wrote:
  > I use Amarok for audio stuff, though if you don't have or want the KDE
> deps then this won't be any good.  For video, I currently use MPlayer.
> I'm about to start looking into MythTV though, so that might change my
> preferences, depending on its integration with the rest of the system.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt.

Thanks to all the contributors for all the comments. So far I have
installed MediaPlayer and that seems to work fine, so I'll probably
stick to that for now. Although Matt, I am also going to be getting into
MythTV shortly so if you pick up any good info, don't keep it to
yourself ;-)

As an aside, if anyone is interested I'm going to put up a note here
"just for fun" about how to get Beryl (The compiz fork) running on LFS.
It does look great once it is running and I doubt now I'll ever go back
to a plain old 2D desktop environment!

Cheers

Alan