Does LFS have a cover?

Jaqui Greenlees jaqui_greenlees at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 11 00:27:55 PST 2006

--- Colin Dean <cdean at cs.westminster.edu> wrote:

> Randy McMurchy wrote:
> > Colin Dean wrote these words on 12/10/06 11:13
> CST:
> >> In what format would it need to be?
> >
> > IIRC, the publisher chooses the format/design of
> the cover pages.
> > We could probably present some ideas, but the
> decision of what to
> > use is (I believe) out of our hands.
> >

> I think most would accept PDF. I've done some
> bookmaking and layout
> work--the company didn't care what I did it with as
> long as I sent them
> a PDF.
>
> I think SVG might be the best way to go, as it is a
> more independent
> format than the others I suggested. I /could/ do it
> with Quark, but I
> don't think its proprietary nature will fit in with
> this crowd ;-)

I was actually thinking of doing the cover as a single
image, in png, which could be included in any file for
the publisher.
I could also do it as an AI format, which is still the
most commonly used format by publishers.
[ I keep an old linux box with a 2.4 kernel just to
have coreldraw 9 running, it was built to require the
toolchain for the 2.4 kernel and won't run on the 2.6
kernel ]

by putting together ideas and posting as png on a web
page then everyone can say what one(s) they like the
best, so we can all have input on what any proposed
book cover looks like.
I can put a simple page or 10 up if people want to
send their ideas as png, so everyone can participate
if they want.
I have lots of data transfer I'm not using on my
server, and space on it for doing something like this.

Jaqui