suggestions for hardware

Jaqui Greenlees jaqui_greenlees at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 19 09:21:31 PST 2006

I recently had one system die due to power spikes.
so I'm replacing it, I figure I might as well go with
a fairly new box for an lfs system.

the one I'm looking at getting [ retailer
configuration, for sale system, no software included ]

* AMD Athlon 64bit (AM2) Dual Core 2800+

* 80G SATA 7200rpm (8M) Hard Drive

* 512MB DDR-II  PC4200 RAM

* FOXCONN K8M890M2MA-RS2 /6-Channel Audio/LAN

* 16X DVD-RW +/- Dual Layer

* ASUS Nvidia 6200TC/64256/ 256MB PCI-E
( change this because of spotty nvidia support for
linux )

* ATX Tower Case with 400W Power Supply
plus keyboard, mouse and speakers.

anyone had serious problems with any of the hardware
listed?
[ sorry, I won't have a better listing of specfic
hardware and chipsets until after I buy the system,
around new years. ]

but for $369 plus taxes Canadian dollars, making
changes for hardware not supported properly is easily
afforded.

Jaqui