suggestions for hardware
jaqui_greenlees at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 19 09:21:31 PST 2006
I recently had one system die due to power spikes.
so I'm replacing it, I figure I might as well go with
a fairly new box for an lfs system.
the one I'm looking at getting [ retailer
configuration, for sale system, no software included ]
* AMD Athlon 64bit (AM2) Dual Core 2800+
* 80G SATA 7200rpm (8M) Hard Drive
* 512MB DDR-II PC4200 RAM
* FOXCONN K8M890M2MA-RS2 /6-Channel Audio/LAN
* 16X DVD-RW +/- Dual Layer
* ASUS Nvidia 6200TC/64256/ 256MB PCI-E
( change this because of spotty nvidia support for
* ATX Tower Case with 400W Power Supply
plus keyboard, mouse and speakers.
anyone had serious problems with any of the hardware
[ sorry, I won't have a better listing of specfic
hardware and chipsets until after I buy the system,
around new years. ]
but for $369 plus taxes Canadian dollars, making
changes for hardware not supported properly is easily
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More information about the lfs-chat