suggestions for video hardware

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:14:39 PST 2006

On 12/20/06, Nathan Coulson <conathan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/20/06, jerry <jdinardo at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Intel G965 support appears to be planned for Xorg 7.2, (Bought myself
> > > a nice beautiful new motherboard.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Xorg 7.2 compiled yet (3 full
> > > weekends of trying)
> > > , but that's another story (maybe for blfs-support when I got spare time).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nathan Coulson (conathan)
> >
> > Did you try to just download and compile the new driver. I did that
> > with the ati driver against 7.1 and it compiled (although it did not
> > fix what I needed fixed). That is suppose to be the big selling point
> > of the modular build.
> >
> > jpd
>
> Yep, no DRI support though, and Mesa 6.5.0 didn't have DRI for G965
>
> Compiling Mesa 6.5.2 (which I have always heard you should never
> recompile) gives me a bunch of OpenGL dispatch errors.  Apparantly
> that's due to mismatching Mesa & Xorg-server.

Mesa 6.5.2 and the Xorg server from 7.1 gives me this on startup (Xorg
still runs, DRI on glxinfo says YES.  glxgears appears to run exactly
the same as when I dont have DRI

DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glAreTexturesResident!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGenTextures!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glIsTexture!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib2f!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib3f!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib1sv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Nusv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glDisableVertexAttribArray!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib1f!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Nbv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib1s!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib3dv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGetVertexAttribiv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib3d!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4f!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4fv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib2d!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib1dv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGetVertexAttribfv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4s!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib2dv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib2fv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Niv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Nuiv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib1d!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib3sv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGetVertexAttribdv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4dv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttribPointer!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Nsv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib3fv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Nub!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4d!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib3s!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glEnableVertexAttribArray!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4sv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib2sv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib4Nubv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib2s!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glVertexAttrib1fv!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glBlendEquationSeparate

Compiling Xorg server 1.1.99.903 (Plus all the Xorg 7.2 packages) gives me this
glcontextmodes.c: In function '_gl_copy_visual_to_context_mode':
glcontextmodes.c:186: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgb'
glcontextmodes.c:187: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgba'
glcontextmodes.c:189: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToMipmapTexture'
glcontextmodes.c:190: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureTargets'
glcontextmodes.c:193: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named 'yInverted'
glcontextmodes.c: In function '_gl_get_context_mode_data':
glcontextmodes.c:326: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgb'
glcontextmodes.c:329: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgba'
glcontextmodes.c:332: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToMipmapTexture'
glcontextmodes.c:335: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureTargets'
glcontextmodes.c:338: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named 'yInverted'
glcontextmodes.c: In function '_gl_context_modes_create':
glcontextmodes.c:410: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgb'
glcontextmodes.c:411: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgba'
glcontextmodes.c:412: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToMipmapTexture'
glcontextmodes.c:413: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureTargets'
glcontextmodes.c:414: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named 'yInverted'
glcontextmodes.c: In function '_gl_context_modes_are_same':
glcontextmodes.c:528: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgb'
glcontextmodes.c:528: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgb'
glcontextmodes.c:529: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgba'
glcontextmodes.c:529: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureRgba'
glcontextmodes.c:530: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToMipmapTexture'
glcontextmodes.c:530: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToMipmapTexture'
glcontextmodes.c:531: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureTargets'
glcontextmodes.c:531: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named
'bindToTextureTargets'
glcontextmodes.c:532: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named 'yInverted'
glcontextmodes.c:532: error: '__GLcontextModes' has no member named 'yInverted'
glcontextmodes.c:533: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

nothing found on net, so I was just going to sit around until 7.2 is
actually ready.
--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------