Small computer stores and friendliness?

Philipp Ammann pca at 4-mail.net
Fri Dec 29 02:57:18 PST 2006

Hello all,
time to let off some steam.

I've just been to a computer store where I worked this summer. They
still owed me 100 Euros (which is quite a big sum for a student).

I got 20.

Because "I had to call him earlier". I did. I was there. But he (the
owner, my boss) wasn't. And the other guys around didn't knew about his
(!) depth.

Dear ladies and gentlemen, why are those small stores yelling for sales
losses (and just because of huge stores like MediaMarkt, Saturn, Kosmos
etc. -  should I laugh?) if they aren't polite enough to treat their own
staff correctly? They (and I have been to _every_ damn computer shop
around) are unfriendly, cocky, self-aggrandising idiots. And BTW, they
can't even spell Linux correctly.

If there's competence and more individual treatment on their banners
they should practice it and not just cant.

Greetings to all those plagued folks out there,

Philipp

PS: If anyone reading this knows a good online-store or, even better,
lives near the lake of constance (Bodensee) and knows a good shop please
tell me about it :)