unable to open an initial console

Christos Karras ckarras at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 3 18:54:29 PDT 2000

Thanks, didn't think to check that. For some reason the /dev directory was
empty. I fixed that and I was able to boot and login on my celeron which I use
to make the lfs system, but then I transfered the hard drive to my 486 and when
I login it says "login[12]: Unable to change tty /dev/tty1: Illegal seek". Any
idea why? I compiled everything for an i486 so it must be something else

Thank you