unable to open an initial console

Christos Karras ckarras at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 3 20:56:19 PDT 2000

My checkfs script had syntax errors which prevented fsck from running at
startup, I ran fsck manually and found the filesystem had lots of errors
(probably because I use a very old 200 megs disk). Now I can boot so I
should be able to fix everything else (if my hard drive survives).

Thanks for the help

I added --host=i486-pc-linux-gnu to every ./configure command in the lfs docs
to compile for my 486, I'll see if everything compiled correctly now that I can
boot