Striping Debugging Symbols

Guillaume Pancak gpancak at free.fr
Sat Aug 5 14:36:27 PDT 2000

  ----- Message d'origine -----
  De : Foyah Z. Freeman, Jr.
  À : lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
  Envoyé : samedi 5 août 2000 22:41
  Objet : Striping Debugging Symbols
  salut,
  for the strip --strip-debug, you can use when u want... but i prefer use this one at the end...
  fo CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS keep i686, this flags is only for indicate the kind of your processor... not the speed...

  Good Afternoon all:

  I was about to begin the basic software installation and have a few questions.  When and where should I enter the "strip" command?  Could I first install all the programs first and then issue the "find and strip" command that some list members posted.

   I set the "export CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686" and the command for "CXXFLAGS."  To compile for my machine a "celeron 400mhz," should or could I replace the -mcpu= and -march= with -mcpu=400 and -march=400

  Thank you for any and all responses.

  Linuxly yours
  foyah