LFS in linuxtoday.com

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Aug 6 03:15:22 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Panos Maheras wrote:

> From:
> http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-08-05-018-06-OP-SL#talkback_area
>

> "The only distrobution tougher than Slackware...
> ...is the one you build yourself, like http://www.linuxfromscratch.org ... it
> can be BRUTAL! (BTW, it's a lot tougher than they make it sound, sign up to the
> mailing lists and visit the irc server if you do try the linux from scratch
> approach)"

What? Since when has slackware been "tough"
I think i speak for a couple of admins at least, LFS is a dream... you
aren't taking a system apart then rebuilding it, your just building it =)

The toughes i've seen so far, is taking say, RH62 and shaping her into a
system i want, not _that's_ tough.

> LFS brutal??? Common!! :-)

Nah... we just got to rough them up a little *winks*

-