Striping Debugging Symbols

David Flynn Dave at keston.u-net.com
Sun Aug 6 11:46:34 PDT 2000

> > Good Afternoon all:

Good Afternoon

> >  I set the "export CFLAGS="-O3 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686" and the command
for "CXXFLAGS."  To compile for my machine a "celeron 400mhz," should or
could I replace the -mcpu= and -march= with -mcpu=400 and -march=400

NO
is the simple answer ... The Architecture is not 400 ... thats just the CPU
clock speed, it is as you originally said i686 !!!

Dave
---------------------------------------
The information in this e-mail and any files sent with it is confidential to
the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may
also be legally privileged. It is not to be relied upon by any person other
than the addressee except with the sender's prior written approval. If no
such approval is given, the sender will not accept liability (in negligence
or otherwise) arising from any third party acting, or refraining from
acting, on such information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part
of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from
your computer system. Have a nice Day !