Chapter 7, 'Creating the /etc/init.d/ethnet script'

Craig M. Reece shade at jetcity.com
Mon Aug 7 09:51:46 PDT 2000

DSL uses a (more or less) standard DHCP style setup in most cases;
however, this may be changing, since I have heard of some providers using
PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) and I don't presently know how this works :(.

I have managed to get the dhcpcd installed and working since I need it for
my home network as well as at work. I was planning on writing up an
lfs-hint on how I dealt with it.

Also, gpm, since I like to use multiple VCs and cut/paste between them
while building LFS...