Chapter 7, 'Creating the /etc/init.d/ethnet script'

John Crawford lostdog at drizzle.com
Mon Aug 7 12:55:43 PDT 2000

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Simon Perreault wrote:

> > I have managed to get the dhcpcd installed and working since I need it for
> > my home network as well as at work. I was planning on writing up an
> > lfs-hint on how I dealt with it.
>
> I already wrote one. A gpm hint would be more useful, I couldn't get it
> to work.

My setup seems to be different than those mentioned so far.  I have 2
static IPs (one for winbox, one for linuxbox), so I don't need to install
DHCP software. My connection is Bridged instead of PPP (which seems to be
the most common).  Anyways, running the "route add ..." line was the only
thing standing between my computer and the net.

   John