long filenames

Simon Perreault nomis80 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 18:40:05 PDT 2000

> i've got filesystem set to auto, err, heres the entry
>
> /dev/hdc    /cdrom    auto    ro,noauto,user,exec    0    0
>
> i tried removin the noauto property but would'nt work.

When you issue the "mount -a" command, all filesystems, except the ones
with the noauto option, are mounted. So the noauto option is not what I
was referring to. If you look at the third field, the auto filesystem
type is set, and that's what I was referring to. If it doesn't work,
then you should verify that your kernel has iso9660 fs type enabled, and
also extentions like RockRidge and Joliette.