LFS-BOOK-2.3.7 released

John Phillips lfs at linux.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 04:52:40 PDT 2000

Claudio Nieder wrote

> cd /root
> chroot /mnt/lfs /bin/bash --login

No, unfortunately that doesn't fix the problem with the old version
of chroot.  I still get:

    shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
    parent directories: No such file or directory
    sh_makepath: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
    parent directories: No such file or directory

> might that have something to do with searching the PATH?

I think it's the new shell trying to discover its parent directory and
finding that it simply doesn't exist under the new root.

The later version of chroot seems to get round it.  I will have to look
at the source and see what the new version does.

John Phillips           john at linux.demon.co.uk