Thoughts to 2.3.7

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 9 10:09:39 PDT 2000

> ACK - What about compressing them?

I've checked the files though and all the ones from man1 aren't needed -
we already have them installed. All from man2 through man7 are copied
already and a few from man8 which we don't have yet.

I don't think i forgot files from man1, but i think I did check them
all.

> I noticed that, but the Shadow-HOWTO part that is mentioned to read
> contains the following:
>
>   pwconv takes your /etc/passwd file and strips out the fields to create
>   two files: /etc/npasswd and /etc/nshadow.
>  5.5.  Renaming npasswd and nshadow
>
>   Now that you have run pwconv you have created the files /etc/npasswd
>   and /etc/nshadow.  These need to be copied over to /etc/passwd and
>   /etc/shadow.
>
> That is definitely wrong / not needed... Of course this is not your
> fault. What about adding a deeper shadow-description to the book?

Sure i can make a note of that in the "configuring software" section.

www.linuxfromscratch.org