/dev/null - permission denied - last one

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Thu Aug 10 00:39:40 PDT 2000

This refers to irc-chat we had some days ago
(Gerard, Jesse, Simon)

the reason why the /dev/null still denied permission
was that this partition had an entry in fstab !

seems like every problem that arise with chroot
(there was another latetly in discussion) has to
do that the chrooted device should NEVER have
an entry in fstab, but must be mounted by hand,
IF you want to work with chroot.

So, if LFS is build and you are still using different
distributions (it would be normal, at least for me,
to add that in fstab and automount to have all
present at startup) - if this is the case, the chroot
will not work.

I tried to modify the entry in fstab to work with that,
but until now did not find any clue how it must look
like to work properly.

Erika