Little thing to add to make install for glibc

Raffaele Brancaleoni s940195 at student.ulg.ac.be
Thu Aug 10 03:00:03 PDT 2000

On a point I would agree with Gerard as the problem occurs with applications
outside the scope of the book.
But, the point is (IMHO) LFS should be a basis for any kind of systems we
would
like to build, and, as such, should consist in a fully featured basis (In the
sense
of all installed packages should have most of their features enabled).
As glibc is one of the key component of each Linux system, I think it should
be wise to
install it with most of its features enabled (this obviously exclude options
of ultra-specific
use such as cross-compiling and so on), locales included. I don't think
locales are
so "specific".

Again, these are personnal thought, and should be taken as such. :)

Later,

Raffaele