Little thing to add to make install for glibc

Yann Kerhervé yk at cyberion.net
Thu Aug 10 03:30:51 PDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 10:09:54AM +0200, Raffaele Brancaleoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> locale database which gets configured with `localedef'.  For example, to
>
> set up a German locale with name `de_DE', simply issue the command
> `localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE'.  To configure all locales
> that are supported by glibc, you can issue from your build directory the
>
> command `make localedata/install-locales'.
>
> It would be useful, IMHO, to add the "make localedata/install-locales"
> to the installation procedure

I already evoked this issue two month ago, but Gerard, said it's
irrelevant in the book...
Nevertheless, I'm behind you ... I think it IS relevant since a lot of
people on this ML use locales.

Y a n n   K e r h e r v é                            | yk at cyberion.net
Developer EdenJob, Webmaster Esiea-Ouest             | ICQ:   43893215
Perl Mongueur,  Linux,  Linux-Alpha, ...             | TEL: 0146217695