About 2.3.7

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 10 05:32:58 PDT 2000

> Oh, you're right. I didn't even test it before sending the bug report,
> it seemed so much like a typo. :)

I've changed it again. It uses the $? variable to write the sub-scripts
return value to the screen. Of course that doesn't work, since a few
echo's have been done already so that $? is 0.

So before the echo's start I tried to do:
	error_value=$?

That didn't work, it was set to zero as well. So I've changed the
sentences to the following and made it a function:

print_error_msg()
{

        echo
        $FAILURE
        echo -n "You should not read this error message. It means "
        echo "that an unforseen error "
        echo -n "took place and subscript $i exited with "
        echo "return value "
        echo -n "other than 0 for an unknown reason. If you're able "
        echo "to trace this error down "
        echo -n "to a bug in one of the files provided by this book, "
        echo "please be so kind to "
        echo -n "inform us at lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org"
        $NORMAL
        echo
}

instead or repeating it three times throughout the rc file.

www.linuxfromscratch.org