securetty

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 11 05:32:18 PDT 2000

> Right, :))
> the VC must not be prefixed with /dev
> ...also, the last modif is not good, but work...
> i resume :
> 1- inittab must not have VC prefixed with /dev
> 2- securetty must be like the man page describe... WITHOUT leading dev/

I don't have the securetty man page so I won't comment on that, but you
can have leading /dev for consoles in inittab. I don't see in the
inittab man page that it's forbidden or anything like that (unless I
missed a sentence so correct me if I'm wrong). The fact that they don't
do it doesn't matter you can't do it. In the end it comes down to your
preference.

www.linuxfromscratch.org