paper books

brendan strejcek brendan at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat Aug 12 15:48:13 PDT 2000

> I agree, i hate looking at anything on a screen, and if it is longer than an
> A4 page, will print it off.  I hate online referance manuals, as i can never
> find the paragraph i want, where as in my paper back books, i can always
> find the relevant paragraph -- usually instantally. (i can still find a
> reference in some books (namley the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy), where
> it has been many years since i read them (reading them only once))
>
> so here is to paper publications !
>
> Dave

i don't know anything about neurology or cog sci, but i feel like online
references are more to my liking. in fact, i sometimes become restless
when reading a paper book, constantly checking the abount of pages i have
left in a section and such. esp. with computer books, i couldn't get around
without cut & paste.

i'm 19 and have been reading documentation online for as long as i have been
using computers, so maybe it has something to do with your environment
during a certain part of your life. i will grant that display technlogies
need to improve to threaten printing, esp. for portable media like paperbacks.

</slightly off-topic post>

brendan.