problem to Install lilo & sysklogd

John Phillips lfs at linux.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 13 13:58:55 PDT 2000

jo422 at nownuri.net wrote

> I read LFS 2.3.7 version book.
>
> I installed many things except lilo and sysklogd.
>
> In installing, Error message is that LFS system don' have headerfile like
>
> autoconf.h

The file autoconf.h is made when you install the kernel in /usr/src/ and
configure it precisely as written in the book.

If the file is missing, you need to install and configure the kernel
(tar -x ..., make config, make dep and then make the static links).

> I use Redhat 6.2 (Korean patched) .. so I copied auto.conf in Redhat
>
> to LFS system.. but I met errors.
>
> not find /boot/kernel.h
>
> I wanna know how I can install these headerfile.

The file kernel.h is also part of the kernel.  It is not installed in
/boot (I think /boot is a mistake).

Install the kernel properly and you will have this file.

If /boot isn't a mistake please cut and paste the *exact* commands you
issued and the *exact* error messages you received.

John Phillips           john at linux.demon.co.uk