Glibc compile problem..

Jr. freemanf at cps.acast.nova.edu
Sun Aug 13 23:39:26 PDT 2000

Good morning,

Please forgive me if this is not the list for this post.

During the make command, I get the following error after about 40minutes of
compiling:

cd /mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-build/nis && ar cruv libnss_compat_pic.a compat-grp.os compat-pwd.os compat-spwd.os compat-initgroups.os nisplus-parser.os
/bin/sh: invalid character 45 in exportstr for full-config-sysdirs
a - compat-grp.os
a - compat-pwd.os
a - compat-spwd.os
a - compat-initgroups.os
a - nisplus-parser.os
ar: libnss_compat_pic.a: No space left on device
make[2]: *** [/mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-build/nis/libnss_compat_pic.a] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/nis'
make[1]: *** [nis/others] Error 2

I have not striped any debug symbol yet.  Will it help for me to now strip
those symbols?  How can I allocate more space to my /mnt/lfs partition?  I still
have about 900mb left on my Linux hard drive.

I am beginning to feel like a fool with these simple questions, thanks for the
patience of the list's members though.

Thank you in advance for any help.

foyah