Can't test-run scripts / rebooting fails

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Mon Aug 14 16:08:54 PDT 2000

Well, everything seems to be set as you said:

Everything is in one Partition,
ldd returns the same as yours and
inittab is copied from the HTML-Book-Version...

Im not to deep into Linux at this moment, but my thoughts about my
problem are that there is a problem with the system recognizing me as
the right user - I have the same problem with my current
SuSE-Linux-Clinet-Server-System:

Even though I have exportet the group/passwd-files from the server over
nis and the client seems to have the right user accounts I can get no
permissions on my files exported with nfs from the server.

This could also be the problem Erik Beall has with his gcc-install...