Can't test-run scripts / rebooting fails

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 15 10:20:14 PDT 2000

> I've tried the 2.2.13-Kernel - same prob'...:-(
>
> Could it be becasue I created the scripts outside the chrooted
> environment?

That shouldn't be causing it. If you gave them at least mode 7 for the
owner, and set owner to root if that wasn't the case yet then it should
work. I don't know how NFS would interfer with this since it are local
scripts.

What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf file say:

Does it have these lines:

passwd: files
group: files
shadow: files

If that doesn't work we'll have to try to debug it this way:
At LILO enter: lfskernel init=/bin/bash

When on the bash prompt, try this: /etc/init.d/rcS

And see what happens. Check if the /etc/init.d directory has at least
mode 5 for the owner so you can read and execute from it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org