Reboot problem

Keith Shapiro kshapiro at lexmark.com
Tue Aug 15 10:20:18 PDT 2000

I just finished getting my LFS system up and booting.  Now, I'm doing some
basic checking.  However, it seems that if I type reboot at the prompt,
sysvinit doesn't call my runlevel-6 scripts.

Is anyone else encountering this?

bash-2.04# reboot

Broadcast message from root (tty1) Tue Aug 15 13:16:45 2000...

The system is going down for reboot NOW !!
INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
INIT: Sending processes the KILL signal
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D for normal startup):

The rc6.d directory exists, the links are good.. do any of you have any
idea why this might be happening?

Keith S.