"Roll Your Own Linux" ISO available

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Aug 15 12:49:28 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Greg T Hill wrote:
> I was wondering about ALFS, checked the archives and all I see is HighOS
> subscribing.

That would be me... i guess Pual hasn't updated the mail archives in a
while, that and there hasn't been alot of discussions on alfs-discuss (btw
it's HIghoS :)

> The  bash tutorial I posted a link to a while back  has some scripts
> containing the rudiments
> of an auto-compile-from-source system.  Might get some ideas from there.

There have been several bash scripted Automated LFS's allready, They are
nice and something that may work nice right away, allthough not something
that is the ultimate goal for ALFS, imho.

Right now i'm in Ottawa visiting Famliy/Friend (mmm... now that was a big
picnic ;)

Before i had left i was working on a bootable cd with everything compiled
for i386, i had almost everything working...then started to look into
Embedded Linux Tools and am thinking it may be better to go with that,
anyways either way, if you want to talk about this, i suggest you
subscribe (if you aren't allready) to alfs-discuss and continue the
discussion there.

Anyways, i don't have access to a computer all the time, but i'll be back
on the 18 or 21, and hopefully we can finally get something cracked up! =)

Laters all...

-