"Roll Your Own Linux" ISO available

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 15 16:00:03 PDT 2000

> That would be me... i guess Pual hasn't updated the mail archives in a
> while, that and there hasn't been alot of discussions on alfs-discuss (btw
> it's HIghoS :)

I'm in the middle of transfering things to a new box (gerard.bcpub.com)
that's going to host linuxfromscratch.org. When the mailinglists have
been moved to listar on that new server I'll make sure the mailinglists
will be updated again. I'm thinking of something like cron jobs every 6
or 12 hours to keep in sync. I think real-time update (update the
archive as soon as a new message has been posted) would require too
much, but it depends on how the archive is maintained. If it needs to be
complete rebuild every single time, than real-time isn't an option. If
it simply adds a new and updates one or two index files real-time might
be a reasonable option. All I need to do is find a good archiver.
Suggestions anybody?

www.linuxfromscratch.org