Can't test-run scripts / rebooting fails

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Tue Aug 15 16:37:13 PDT 2000

> That shouldn't be causing it. If you gave them at least mode 7 for the
> owner, and set owner to root if that wasn't the case yet then it should
> work. I don't know how NFS would interfer with this since it are local
> scripts.

The modes are allright...

> What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf file say:
>
> Does it have these lines:
>
> passwd: files
> group: files
> shadow: files

Yes...

> If that doesn't work we'll have to try to debug it this way:
> At LILO enter: lfskernel init=/bin/bash
>
> When on the bash prompt, try this: /etc/init.d/rcS
>
> And see what happens. Check if the /etc/init.d directory has at least
> mode 5 for the owner so you can read and execute from it.

The directory has mode 5, but at the prompt I got the 'usual' "No such file
or directory"-stuff...

(I hope this isn't leading to a tiny stupid error I did and am to blind to
see :-)

Torsten.