Can't test-run scripts / rebooting fails

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 15 17:55:50 PDT 2000

> The directory has mode 5, but at the prompt I got the 'usual' "No such file
> or directory"-stuff...

Ok, gzip your $LFS/etc/init.d/rc file and send it to me
Why gzip? If you send it as a regular file, your or my email client
might do something with it. the binary file ensures that when I ungzip
it, it's identical to yours, including possible hidden characters,
tabs not converted to spaces and more of that stuff.

I'll then try to execute your rc file here and see what happens.

www.linuxfromscratch.org