X 3.3.6 vs 4.0.1

Wim Kerkhoff wim at netmaster.com
Wed Aug 16 08:54:46 PDT 2000

Hi Everyone,

I recently set up X 4.0.1 (with kernel 2.4.0-test6) on my Debian workstation.
However, some things would not work, or randomly hang.

For the people who have set up X 4.0.1 under LFS, what was your experience?
would you label it Beta?  Does anyone use it full time?

I've been thinking of doing another LFS, and was complementing going that
route.  Some of the problems I ran into a probably due to running programs
compiled for X 3.3.6 under 4.0.1.  These problems should go away when compiling
everything from scratch, is the theory....

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
NetMaster Networking Solutions
wim at netmaster.com