LFS security problem: break-in

Ed Riddle eriddle at linuxcare.com
Wed Aug 16 10:12:23 PDT 2000

Quoting Greg T Hill on Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 06:25:11AM -0400 :

> Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do we need an ftp server? Couldn't
> files be downloaded via http?  Would it be easier to secure?

I think an rsync server may also be an alternative.  I have not studied the
security aspect, but you do not need an account so there is no actual login.
There is also a chroot to path that would help limit security problems.

Cheers,
Ed

--
Ed Riddle, Linuxcare, Inc.