Runlevel definition

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Wed Aug 16 11:49:24 PDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 11:50:15AM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> actually if you do a 'telinit S' it will go to single user as well (or
> at least that's what the 2.4 version is going to fix. 2.3.7 doesn't do
> it properly in all circumstances yet).
>
> A line from 2.3.7/2.4's inittab:
> 	su:S1:respawn:/sbin/sulogin
>
> Not sure why I didn't include 's' in it. I'll have to re-test this setup
> and see what happens.

I was just wondering how you defined 2 3 4 5. I spent the whole afternoon
moving an heavily modified proprietary rc (originally based on suse, but
modified to some very different approach) on my server to the init-style
we use in the book. I still can't believe i'm done with it. Best thing i
can see is that i've saved lots of PIDs. Before the change i logged in as
bash[407] and now i can get bash[116] with having the same stuff running
like before. It must be magic...

hvb

--
"Denken sie auch, oder schlurfen sie nur sinnlos ueber die Erde?" (Kafka)