LFS security problem: break-in

Peter Wood peter.wood at worldonline.dk
Wed Aug 16 14:56:26 PDT 2000

Hi

Errm, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean we should have a good look
at any packages we might have downloaded and (gasp!) installed from pcrdallas?
Trying to think like a malicious hacker... He/she might think it quite amusing
to plant doctored packages on a project like LFS, where we have been
congratulating ourselves on how secure our source-built stuff is.  I don't see
any md5 sums or gpg keys at pcrdallas.

Peter