Réf. : Re: Can't test-run scripts / rebooting fails

PIERRE_Serge at stna.dgac.fr PIERRE_Serge at stna.dgac.fr
Thu Aug 17 09:41:21 PDT 2000

I have the same problem. I have made a cut and paste from netscape to
notepad then I wrote the scripts on the hard disk. I run Looplinux which
works on the dos partition and I move and rename the scripts with mc.

The scripts I copied with this methods don't work. If I wrote it myself
under linux they work so I think the problem is initiated by Windaube of
Micro$oft perhaps some invisibles characters.

I will type the scripts so i can learn what they do.
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|                        |   Gerard Beekmans      |                        |
|                        |   <gerard at linuxfromscra|           Pour :       |
|                        |   tch.org>             |   lfs-discuss at linuxfrom|
|                        |   Envoyé par :         |   scratch.org          |
|                        |   owner-lfs-discuss at pcr|           cc :         |
|                        |   dallas.com           |           Objet :      |
|                        |                        |   Re: Can't test-run   |
|                        |   16/08/00 02:55       |   scripts / rebooting  |
|                        |   Veuillez répondre à  |   fails                |
|                        |   lfs-discuss          |                        |
|                        |                        |                        |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

> The directory has mode 5, but at the prompt I got the 'usual' "No such
file
> or directory"-stuff...

Ok, gzip your $LFS/etc/init.d/rc file and send it to me
Why gzip? If you send it as a regular file, your or my email client
might do something with it. the binary file ensures that when I ungzip
it, it's identical to yours, including possible hidden characters,
tabs not converted to spaces and more of that stuff.

I'll then try to execute your rc file here and see what happens.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

(no subject is required)