Réf. : Re: Can't test-run scripts / rebootingfails

Torsten Vollmann Torsten at Vollmann-Online.de
Thu Aug 17 10:30:50 PDT 2000

PIERRE_Serge at stna.dgac.fr wrote:

> I have the same problem. I have made a cut and paste from netscape to
> notepad then I wrote the scripts on the hard disk. I run Looplinux which
> works on the dos partition and I move and rename the scripts with mc.
>
> The scripts I copied with this methods don't work. If I wrote it myself
> under linux they work so I think the problem is initiated by Windaube of
> Micro$oft perhaps some invisibles characters.
>
> I will type the scripts so i can learn what they do.

Cool! Another cause to get rid of MS as fast as possible - and I am only a few
steps apart from it!

OK! So it is a paste-and-copy-Problem. I think this problem does not occure
under Linux. Would please, please someone be so kind as to send me a copy of the
boot-scripts mentioned in the 2.3.7 book? Would be a great thing, 'cause I DO
NOT want to type EVERYTHING, exp. the rc / functions scripts ;-)

Gerard: Maybe you could set them up in the download area? I think, I'm not the
only one who prefers to get them from source instead of typing...