A couple of notes about latest LFS
atark at thepipeline.net
Thu Aug 17 23:11:24 PDT 2000
I've noticed a couple of things during my latest LFS build. Hopefully I got
these right. I have to reboot to Red Hat for my email at the moment.
1. Need to add --enable-shared to configure line for binutils.
2. Even then libiberty still get only gets compiled static.
3. I believe make -e should still be required for binutils and bzip2 to get
4. Using the book, you don't get man pages for diff. (I think there are a few
others but I inadvertently killed my man directory on my LFS system, tar jumps
to mind also but I'm not sure.)
5. I saw someone mention a packaging system, I prefer to use pkgtool from
Slackware. Very simple, just a couple of shell scripts. Seems to fit nicely
with the LFS philosophy. It's a little work but very flexible.
Mail archive: http://www.pcrdallas.com/mail-archives/lfs-discuss
IRC access: server: irc.linuxfromscratch.org port: 6667 channel: #LFS
Unsubscribe: email lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org and put
"unsubscribe" (without the quotation marks) in the body of the message
(no subject is required)
More information about the lfs-dev