ext3

Lorenzo Delana brainstorm at penguinpowered.com
Fri Aug 18 03:07:12 PDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 11:15:52PM -0700, frank wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> > anyone have experience with ext3 fs installing?
> >
> > I see an option in the latest kernel for raiser FS;
> >
> > I think to launch the mkfs.ext3 /dev/hdaX, is this correct?
>
> two different file systems...ext3fs not as far along as reisers...

right, now I understand, the differences I see an article with
search ext3 on http://www.linuxtoday.com site;

but now, I compiling kernel with support for raiser FS,
ipotize that I would to active raiser FS, and actually I have
an ext2 fs... can I active raiser FS without reformatting ext2
existing fs.?