Login Problems (Timeout issues)

David D.W. Downey david.downey at codecastle.com
Fri Aug 18 18:03:07 PDT 2000

Hey guys,
	got a strange problem here. When I try to log in at the prompt on
KiXO Linux (the name for my distrib) it sits there for like 30 to 45
seconds but does eventually log in. When you look through the
/etc/nsswitch.conf file it does in fact load flies then db next. Now the
other thing is that it seems to be polling something but I'm not
sure. (ZOP, the other developer found this. I'll get the do_poll details
from him on where he found this info)

Any ideas?

---
David D.W. Downey          Red Hat Certified Engineer
HAGISS Project Leader      http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/HAGISS/
Member LPI, OSWG           http://www.lpi.org & http://www.oswg.org
QIXO, Inc.                 http://www.QIXO.com
ddowney at QIXO.com           Senior Linux Systems Administrator