Little thing to add to make install for glibc

Erich Heintz erich at heintz.com
Sun Aug 20 16:34:32 PDT 2000

While I don't use locales and configure everything possible --disable-nls,
configuring locales does eliminate a lot of erroneous error messages in many
packages (including Perl-5.6.0, found in LFS).

And with all due respect to the argument that it's not necessarily relevant
to the book, which is more obscure, this simple locale tailoring (even if
it's to en_US/ISO-8859-1) or --enable-elf-shlibs for e2fsprogs?? Has anyone
stumbled across anything that requires the latter?