REQ.: Ideas for LFS advocacy

Dennis J Perkins dperkins2 at uswest.net
Mon Aug 21 18:19:23 PDT 2000

I don't know how hard the tests would be, but they do cover a broad range.  LFS gets you
involved in kernel compilation, inittab and runlevel scripts, syslogd config, etc.  There
are other areas it does not deal with, such as printing, NFS, BIND and sendmail.

Is certification worthwhile?  Maybe.  A lot of companies only see the degrees and
certifications, possibly because they tend to have a human resources dept that does not
understand the job, or they use a program that scans for key words.

--
  Dennis