REQ.: Ideas for LFS advocacy

Jonathan Wilson wilson at claborn.net
Mon Aug 21 19:36:09 PDT 2000

Ok, I've only been on the list a week or too, but you see, it DOES cover
NFS, BIND, Apache, sendmail, ProFTPd, X 4, and whatever....even config
tools like Linuxconf (if you please().....because I see LFS as more then a
book and mailing list :-)

I decided to build my own system from scratch long before I even heard abut
linuxfromscratch.org, and the goal (for me) was to do _each thing_ one
package at a time, compiled from source, and read all the docs as I went.
It didn't matter what I installed, whatever I want, I"m going to install in
the same manner - compiled from source.

So the Official LFS is just a starting point for a Whole Gnu Way of doing
Linux (for me at least)   :)

My $0.02