a little requiest

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 22 11:54:09 PDT 2000

> There are many corrections, but Gerard does not make "service packs"
> available... Just wait for the next stable release and nearly everything
> should be fixed. BTW. 2.4 is going to come in less than a week.

You can see the development releases as service packs that fix things. A
stable release is the new major release. In MS talks:
LFS-1.0 = Win3.1
LFS-2.2 = Win98
LFS-2.3.1 = Win98 Service Pack1
LFS-2.3.2 = Win98 Service Pack2
LFS-2.3.3 = Win98 Service Pack3
LFS-2.3.7 = Win98 Service Pack7
LFS-2.4  = Win2K
LFS-2.5.1 = Win2K Service Pack1

Too bad MS doesn't provide that many service packs, but you get the idea
I hope.

> Or browse through the list-archive from the day G announced  the last
> version.  All Bugs are described there mostly (always) with a solution.

Yeah, those archives aren't very up to date. Now that I'm going to move
the mail to a new server I have to re-organize the archives. Give me a
few weeks. Moving all the stuff from pcrdallas.com to
shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org (=my box @ bcpub.com) takes some
management and time and fixing minor problems.

> I don't think that it will re-appear. It is going to be replaced by
> LFS-HINTS..?

Exactly.

www.linuxfromscratch.org