REQ.: Ideas for LFS advocacy

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 22 12:23:22 PDT 2000

>   I always thought that certifications proved exactly how good you where at
> knowing what the test authors thought was correct rather than what *is*
> correct.

Exactly, and that's the major flaw in these things. Ok, brainbench might
not have been the best thing to go (hey, I got a free offer which I
took so no complaining here. I didn't waste thousands of dollars or
anything like that), but I have noticed that most do that. Or you go for
your Linux cert. and you get RedHat specific things so you're doing a
RedHat cert. becuase everybody thinks Linux equals RedHat (they should
visit redhatisnotlinux.org)

www.linuxfromscratch.org