a little requiest

Paul Jensen pe at fs6.pcrentals.com
Tue Aug 22 12:57:48 PDT 2000

> Yeah, those archives aren't very up to date. Now that I'm going to move
> the mail to a new server I have to re-organize the archives. Give me a
> few weeks. Moving all the stuff from pcrdallas.com to
> shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org (=my box @ bcpub.com) takes some
> management and time and fixing minor problems.

i believe the archives are up to date.  both the ftp mandatory diectory
and mail archives have been updated within the last week.

no one asked me to set up the lfs ftp site, mail archives, or news server
- i just did it to help out.  i also set up the rsync server allowing
mirrors of the lfs site.  i only offerred to host gerard's web site and
mail list because there were so many angry people complaining about not
getting all the lfs email.  that is why i set up the mail archive - so
people could check if they missed any mail.

gerard has said he planned on moving his website and mail list elsewhere -
i have no problem with this, but i do not plan on taking my site down.

i will continue to run lfs ftp, rsync, news, and the mail archives as
usual.  you will be able to find this site at www.pcrdallas.com or
www.linuxfromscratch.net.  After gerard moves his web site, i will put up
a users lfs site with links to other lfs related information.

lfs (like linux) will grow best if more people are involved.  hopefully
having serveral lfs websites will help.

paul jensen
www.pcrdallas.com
lfs ftp/news/mail archive admin