I think we're missing something...

Serguei Ostrovskii sostrovs at kns.com
Wed Aug 23 07:43:05 PDT 2000

Beau Bellamy wrote:

> As I have installed LFS countless times...  I've noticed that the LFS
> book is missing something alomst every distribution has...
> CRON?! I've run searches on the internet, and all I can find are
> versions of this program dated to 1995 (outdated?).. Personally I have
> found this program usefull for automated administrative tasks..  I am
> very surprized that there is no mention of this awsome little prog in
> the LFS book, nor in the Mailing list... Is there a better version
> that I am overlooking?  Or am I just being a ignorant bastard? Beau
> Bellamy(beau at beaunet.dhs.org)

You are not a ignorant bastard. You just don't use a spell-checker. I
also hope that neither you are an ignorant bastard ... :).
Try out fcron-0.9.
http://fcron.free.fr/
This year vintage. I am very satisfied with this chron. I use it to
unload the modules that kmod loads.
Works like swiss watch...
Sergey Ostrovsky